- Make a blackberry fool. You might have already seen this, but just in case, here's another opportunity.
- Make some scones and spread them with fruit curd (raspberry or lemon would be the best) while they're still warm. Try these classic scones from The Boy Who Bakes and for us non-Brits, sultanas are golden raisins.
- Make some thumbprint cookies and fill with lemon curd, like these cookies from Angie's Recipes.
- Layer some yogurt, fruit, granola and fruit curd in a drinking glass and voila! Yummy breakfast parfaits.
- Put the curd (lemon or lime) in a sweet pastry crust to make a tart. Here is a recipe and video from Joy of Baking that is superb.
- Add fruit curd to cream cheese frosting for an extra flavorful icing.
I whipped up some pumpkin muffins the other day to put in the photo of my "frosting buzz" printable and obviously had to add a generous amount of frosting. I don't know what goes better on pumpkin (or pretty much any other flavor of) muffins than cream cheese frosting and with the added zing the lemon curd adds, this is the perfect foil for the spicy sweetness of the pumpkin, cinnamon and ginger in the muffins.
You know how it works: download an easier-to-print copy of the recipe by clicking the recipe image above. Recipes downloads are for hobby room subscribers, so go ahead and sign-up at the top right-hard corner of the page before downloading.
What would you do with extra fruit curd? And what flavor is your favorite?